SatelliteInternet.net is not affiliated with DISH. SatelliteInternet.net is a HughesNet authorized retailer.
dishNET Satellite Internet
DISH offers satellite Internet as dishNET satellite Internet. All dishNET satellite Internet plans require a 24-month commitment.
Starting dishNET service
- A credit check is required to subscribe to dishNET Internet service.
- Equipment must be installed by a specially trained technician.
- Non-standard installations may result in additional charge.
- Activation fee is required—which can be waived with certain plans.
- All plans with dishNET satellite Internet require an equipment lease fee.
- Satellite Internet modems are not Wi-Fi enabled, but you can add a compatible Wi-Fi router to your dishNET service for an additional charge.
- Equipment purchase is not an option with dishNET satellite Internet service.
- Pricing begins at $49.99/mo. for stand-alone Internet service.
- Packaged options begin at $39.99/mo. for Internet service, when bundled with DISH TV.
- If service is cancelled before the 24 month contract ends, a cancellation fee for the remaining months will apply.
There are three tiers of Internet service packages with dishNET satellite Internet service:
- 5GB Anytime Data*, 5GB Bonus data**, and up to 5mbps download speed.
- 10GB Anytime Data*, 10GB Bonus data**, and up to 10mbps download speed.
- 15BG Anytime Data*, 15GB Bonus data**, and up to 10mbps download speed.
*Data does not roll over to the next billing cycle.
**Bonus Data may only be used between 2 am and 8 am. Subject to change without notice. Speeds may vary.
- Single bill each month, if bundled with DISH TV.
- 24/7 customer service is available.
- dishNET can be relocated with you if you move. Appointments to move equipment must be scheduled and service in your new location cannot be guaranteed.
HughesNet Satellite Internet
HughesNet Gen4 satellite Internet Hughes has 40 years of experience. HughesNet is Americas #1 choice for high-speed satellite Internet
Starting with HughesNet
- Free standard installation is available for new HughesNet customers that lease equipment.
- Installations are required by the FCC to be completed by trained professionals.
- HughesNet is available to everyone in the contiguous United States with a clear view of the southern sky.
- HughesNet satellite equipment does not include a wireless router, but is compatible with many Wi-Fi routers (purchased separately).
- Equipment can be fixed during emergency situations. Express Repair is an exclusive HughesNet service that allows for 24/7 tech support to help guard against service interruptions.
- You have the option to lease or purchase the equipment. Leasing helps save money upfront, while purchasing allows for permanently keeping equipment
Every state in the continental U.S. has access to high-speed, reliable Internet with HughesNet.
- Pricing begins at $49.99/mo. for standalone satellite Internet service.
- HughesNet satellite Internet can be bundled with other home services.
- Data plans vary and consist of four types of packages: Choice, Prime, Pro, Max.
- Minimum 24-month term is required for HughesNet satellite Internet service.
HughesNet uses satellites that provide, wherever you live in the contiguous United States. There are four tiers of speeds for HughesNet plans:
- Monthly data allowance of 55GB*
- Monthly data allowance of 60GB*
- Monthly data allowance of 65GB*
- Monthly data allowance of 70GB*
*Monthly data allowance is the sum of the Anytime and Bonus Bytes. Upload and download speeds vary based on a variety of factors.
- Hughes has 2.5 million systems installed in more than 100 countries.
- HughesNet Gen4 is the 4th-generation satellite Internet service from Hughes.
- Hughes is the leader in the satellite communications innovation—it is North America’s largest consumer satellite Internet network, with a proven track record.
- Reach Customer Care at any time, and more info can be accessed online.
Sources and Research
Data collected 12/19/13 from http://www.dish.com